Contact us: 1300 321 592
Screening Unit
Screening Unit

Education services

  • Playgroup
  • Kindergarten
  • Preschool
  • Schools
  • TAFE
  • Adult education services offering SACE subjects
  • Other institutions providing children’s study or training programs

If you are a registered teacher and have a current, valid DHS/DCSI child-related employment screening, you can use it until it expires. Then you will need to get a working with children check. Don't leave it until the last minute – you can apply to renew your current check up to six months before it expires.

You must have a valid check for working with children before you can renew your teacher registration.

The South Australian Department for Education also has requirements for people who work at government schools, preschools, child care centres, and other non-corporate entities under the department. Find out more at Department for Education relevant history screening, phone (08) 8226 0430 or email

State Government of South Australia © Copyright DHS [sm v5.4.7.1] .

Last updated:[06 Jun 2019 7:58am]

Provided by:
SA Department for Human Services
Last Updated:
05 Jul 2018
Printed on:
20 Aug 2019
The Screening Unit website is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Australia Licence. © Copyright 2016