Applicant prepares to complete application
An organisation requests a screening check on behalf of an applicant.
Before a person can complete their application online:
- Organisations need to register with the Screening Unit, and start an online application.
- Once the organisation has started an applicant’s online application, the applicant will be emailed a link so they can complete the application using the online form.
Applicant identity check
Applicants must provide proof of their identity when applying for a screening check.
The Screening Unit requires that applicants undergo a 100-point identification check to be verified by a verifying officer.
This is a list of permitted verifying officers (PDF 234.3 KB).
Verification of applicant identity
There are three options available to applicants to have their identity verified. Choose ONE only.
- Online verification
Online verification uses the Australian Government’s Documentation Verification Service which will undertake the 100-point identification on behalf of the applicant.
- You will need:
- an Australian driver’s licence, AND
- a current Australian passport or an Australian Birth Certificate or an Australian Citizenship Certificate.
- Organisation’s verifying officer completes the process online.
- Independent verifying officer prints, signs and mails documents (print and seek)
- The verifying officer verifies your identity using the following process:
- Print the PDF of your online application that is generated after payment.
- Provide your original identity documents to an independent verifying officer.
- Mail the signed and completed application form to the Screening Unit.
- Only use option 3 if you cannot use option 1 or option 2.