Check status and validity
You will need:
- name of the individual the check is for
- check application number.
Check the status of an application
Most checks are valid for three years. A working with children check is valid for five years. Child-related, disability services, aged care sector and vulnerable-person related checks are continuously monitored and will be revoked if necessary.
Check renewals can be submitted up to six months before a current check expires.
Only organisations can see if a check is still valid:
- login to the online organisation portal
- go to ‘person search’
- date of birth
- check type (note you cannot check validity of general employment probity clearances)
- reference number
- date clearance was provided
- length of time the clearance is valid.