Contact us: 1300 321 592
Screening Unit
There are delays in processing some screening applications. Here’s why…
Screening Unit

Delays of up to 4 weeks may be experienced in processing screening checks.
Read the latest on screening applications delays.

Submit your own application for a check

A person can apply for their own check.

NDIS worker checks must be started by the person and then verified by their NDIS employer (NDIS provider or self-managed participant) through the employer NDIS Commission portal.

Before you start

Once you begin your application you will receive an email from Account Security.

The email will be called: Setup your account at forms.sa.gov.au.

This email will tell you to change your password. You can then begin your application.

You must complete and submit your application within 28 days or your application will be deleted and you will need to start the application again.

To complete your application you will need

  • information about your full legal name and any names you may have, including previous names, maiden name, names you have legally changed, aliases and informal names (like nicknames)
  • your current address and 10 years' of address history
  • If you are verifying your identity online (100-point check), you will need an Australian driver's licence or permit, plus one of these:
    • Australian birth certificate or extract
    • Australian citizenship certificate
    • Australian passport.

Apply for a check

Troubleshooting

If you have trouble completing your application, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.

If you log out of your application form, you can log back in to your application here.

Complete an application begun by an organisation

Once an organization has started an online application on your behalf, you will receive an email from DHSScreeningUnit@sa.gov.au.

This email will be called: New Screening Application – Please Complete

This email will tell you to change your password. When you have done this, you can start your application.

To complete the application, you'll need to confirm your identity.

Sole-traders, contractors and self-employed people are considered businesses and need to register as an organisation before starting an application.

Organisations cannot start a NDIS worker check. Sole traders, contractors and self-employed people can start their own application and verify it through their NDIS portal.

Login to the portal

Troubleshooting

If you don't receive an email, contact the organisation to check they’ve started your application before you contact the Screening Unit.

If you have trouble completing your application, please check our Frequently Asked Questions.

How long does an application take?

The National Police Checking Service completes around 70 per cent of police checks within minutes, providing a result back to the submitting agency. The remaining 30 per cent of checks are referred to one or more police agencies for manual processing. This process can take up to two weeks.

The NPCS facilitates over a million checks each year, which may result in over 7000 referrals to police each day. Resourcing constraints within all affected agencies can affect the time it takes to complete a check, primarily during peak periods.

You can help to reduce unnecessary delays by ensuring that all information in your application is accurate and complete.

To avoid problems resulting from delays please lodge your screening check application as early as possible.


Related information

This site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 Licence. © Copyright 2021 DHS .

Last updated:[02 Mar 2020 3:12pm]